Health Specialists/Business Development Consultants
|Location:||New Windsor, MD|
|Department:||Consultants -- Business Development|
|Description:||Responsible for providing technical expertise for anticipated business development opportunities in Africa, Asia, and the Americas in the areas of community health programs, neglected tropical diseases, HIV/AIDS, malaria, health systems strengthening, family planning/reproductive health, nutrition, HMIS/GIS, and/or organizational capacity building. The Health Specialist/Business Development Consultant will work as part of the Business Development Team to conceptualize and write responsive proposal inputs for USG and other donors. |
|Duties:||1. Provide technical expertise for proposal efforts in the areas of community health programs, neglected tropical diseases, HIV/AIDS, malaria, health systems strengthening, family planning/reproductive health, nutrition, HMIS/GIS, and/or organizational capacity building.|
2. Conceptualize and write proposal inputs including technical and management approaches, work plans, monitoring and evaluation plans, and other related graphics.
3. Prepare well-written, clear, and concise proposal inputs that are responsive to USG and other donor requirements.
4. Conduct in-country information gathering trips, as requested, and prepare trip reports.
5. Meet with host government officials, international partners, donors, and other organizations as appropriate.
6. Assist with partnering, recruiting, and budgeting efforts as appropriate.
7. Maintain regular communication with the Vice President, Programs, Director, Business Development, and/or an IMA Country Representative with regards to progress for specific proposal efforts.
8. Other business development duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||1. Advanced degree in public health or related field.|
2. Minimum 8 years of combined professional experience in the public health sector, program management, and proposal/grant writing for international development projects.
3. Technical experience in one or more of the following areas: community health programs, neglected tropical diseases, HIV/AIDS, malaria, health systems strengthening, family planning/reproductive health, nutrition, HMIS/GIS, and organizational capacity building.
4. Understanding of global health priorities, strategies, and development approaches. Demonstrated success in securing funds from USG donors, other international donors, and foundations.
5. In depth knowledge of USG grant regulations and requirements.
6. Proven ability to work with government officials, international partners, local health staff, and other local stakeholders in the design and implementation of health programs; experience with faith-based organizations preferred.
7. Significant experience living and working in Africa, Asia, and/or the Americas highly desired.
8. Excellent analytical and written and oral communication skills.
9. Ability to multi-task, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and adhere to deadlines.
10. French fluency highly preferred; additional language skills also helpful.
11. Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
12. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
13. Willingness to support IMA World Health’s Mission.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.