Intern -- Resource Development Department
|Location:||New Windsor, MD|
|Benefits:||No Benefits for Internship Level Assignment|
|Employment Type:||Intern - Part Time|
|Description:||The Resource Development Intern will support the Resource Development Department by assisting with projects related to research, writing, web updates, and event planning. This internship will provide the incumbent with the opportunity to gain valuable experience in working with a non-profit organization that is involved in strengthening health systems around the world; and in international development.|
a. Maintain the IMA World Health Resource Development Departmentís editorial calendar.
b. Prepare story content that evolves from complicated topics into copy that is easily understood by the potential donor.
2. Web Updates
a. Update the IMA World Health Website and social media sites as directed and when necessary.
3. Event Planning
a. Execute directions provided by Senior Communications Officer to facilitate logistics for each event assigned. Logistics may include taking registrations on the day of the event
b. Assist in crafting detailed event plans including but not limited to venue, vendors, media and volunteers.
a. Complete a personal training and growth project based on your own interests and areas for improvement with the mentorship of the Senior Communications Officer.
|Qualifications:||1. College level student working toward a Bachelors degree in Marketing and Communications in International Development or related major.|
2. Creative, with editorial and web design skills. Demonstrated proficiency in Dreamweaver, Photo Shop or equivalent programs, as well as Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint. Working knowledge of HTML preferred.
3. Knowledge of AP style of writing is helpful.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, comfortable speaking in front of large groups.
5. Event planning experience.
6. Knowledgeable of current social media trends.
7. Understanding of and appreciation for IMA World Healthís mission and the capacity to project the unique aims and value of the organization to perspective audiences.