Intern -- Business Development
|Location:||Washington, DC, DC|
|Salary Range:||Unpaid Internship|
|Employment Type:||Intern - Part Time|
|Description:||The intern would assist the BD Director and BD team with building IMA’s international public health portfolio specializing in health systems strengthening, disease mitigation and capacity building. This intern will primarily support proposal efforts and contribute to the ongoing research of major USG donors, partners and competitors. This internship will offer candidates the opportunity to gain valuable skills, network, and learn about government contracting, global health policy and international business development. |
|Duties:||1. Assist BD Director with daily administration of BD department, proposal development, and related activities. |
2. Support proposal preparation through assistance with writing, editing, production, etc.
3. Support technical assignments including research, data analysis and contribution to BD reports and presentations.
4. Research, evaluate and assess donor and competitor/partner activity.
5. Attend meetings and briefings and prepare meeting notes.
6. Provide minimal administration support.
|Qualifications:||1. Strong international interest; preference for interest and background knowledge of global health issues in the developing world. |
2. Must have completed at least one year of graduate public health, international affairs or business administration studies.
3. Solid writing and editing skills.
4. Excellent research and organizational skills.
5. Strong communication (oral, written) skills.
6. Ability to self manage, multi-task and prioritize in a fast pace environment.
7. Solid computer skills including MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Commitment: This position requires a commitment of at least 20 hours per week.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.