|Salary Range:||Competitive NonProfit Market Compensation Package|
|Benefits:||Competitive NonProfit Market Benefits Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Responsible for organizing and coordinating the technical, administrative, logistical and managerial support for project implementation and program development across several countries. This position will serve as a primary link between the field offices and headquarters and is be expected to communicate with Country Director, field staff, partners, sub-contractors and consultants regularly. The program officer (PO) works as a member of the Program team to ensure that field needs for program management, development and technical support are met|
|Duties:||Essential Functions: |
1. Monitoring the progress of current projects , support field staff with preparation and management of work plans and budgets, as well as reporting to the donor(s).
2. Keep Directors of Programs informed about progress, achievements, issues challenges and concerns on a regular basis.
3. Ensure quality reporting to donors by:
Keeping HQ and field staff informed of new information from donors relating to grant responsibilities and reporting requirements.
Ensure data gathering and flow of information from field programs for preparation of quarterly annual and other reports as required by donors, Board of Directors, etc.
4. Work with the Project/Country Team Financial Analyst (s) in consultation with field staff, to manage grant funds and sub-agreements/contracts by:
Developing/Preparing annual budgets.
Ensuring regular financial and program reporting.
5. Provide assistance with business development such as networking, identifying opportunities, and preparing technical input for proposals Engage in representation, networking and cultivation of relationships with partners, technical donors and other organizations implementing programs.
6. Stay current with emerging knowledge related to assigned programs by conducting internet research and subscribing to relevant Web-list serves; and attending relevant workshops and conferences to learn about best practices.
7. Participate in Business development activities by supporting/preparing proposals in response to new funding opportunities and/or in other fund-raising efforts for existing or future projects.
8. Establish leadership and professional credibility while implementing and maintaining a clearly defined and understood chain of authority and accountability.
9. Represent IMA World Health at professional conferences; enable publications and presentation of accomplishments in professional fora.
10. Organize program-related workshops, meetings and/or events.
11. Participate in development and/or review of training materials.
12. Responsible for preparation of articles, country and technical briefs for internal and external communication in conjunction with field staff.
13. Humanize the program by lifting up the impact on individual lives through stories and photographs from the field. Facilitate the transfer of human interest stories from the field to the Communications Officer of IMA World Health.
14. Responsible for documenting lessons learned and innovations of the project in consultation with field staff.
15. Other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||Qualifications (Required): |
1. MS/MA in public health or related field, and 3-4 years relevant experience with international development programs and overseas field experience required.
2. Strong English writing skills and analytical abilities.
3. Second language fluency highly preferred; French a skills plus
4. Cross-cultural sensitivity a must; experience in living and/or working in developing countries preferred.
5. Experience working with professional and support staff in a multicultural, multi-linguistic environment.
6. Experience in working with government and NGO/FBO/CBO sectors.
7. Able to travel up to 25% of time annually; flexibility and ability to travel on short notice desired.
8. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Internet fluency a plus.
9. Willingness to support IMA World Healths Mission.
1. Professional Maturity Maintains a positive outlook, motivates self and team to work constructively under pressure. Responds resourcefully when challenges arise and accepts responsibility for actions, learning and change. Arrives at work and appointments on time.
2. Analytical Thinking Builds a logical approach to address problems or opportunities; manages the situation at hand by drawing on own knowledge and experience base and calling on other references and resources as necessary. Approaches analysis with an unbiased, impartial view.
3. Oral and Written Communication Clearly and effectively expresses ideas, thoughts and concepts verbally and in written or graphic form, using correct and appropriate grammar, organization and structure, and effective presentation media and techniques. Uses appropriate media and approach to present ideas formally to individuals or groups with required impact.
4. Decision-Maker Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills. Capable of directing and managing change, inspiring teamwork and high performing teams.
5. Strategic Planning and Integration Demonstrates the knowledge and capacity to foster development of a common vision. Identifies a path to meet strategic goals by developing short and long-range plans that are appropriately comprehensive, creative, realistic and effective in meeting goals. Exhibits leadership in integrating planning efforts across work units.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.